COMET DXP is a highly customizable platform for building modern applications based on a headless CMS.
The following design principles are considered:
- The Twelve-Factor App
- Cloud-Native (foundation/charter.md at main · cncf/foundation)
- Microservices (What are microservices?)
- Headless (Headless content management system)
- Infrastructure as Code (What is Infrastructure as Code (IaC)?)
- Mobile first
- Typescript everywhere
The following diagram visually highlights these principles.
A typical COMET DXP application with its microservices is shown in the following diagram.
Many of the highlighted microservices can be exchanged or omitted.
Why don't just use an off-the-shelf solution?
- We want a solution that is highly customizable
- We want to offer excellent developer experience (DX)
- We want to host on-premise